Westcare Limited recognises the need to manage our operations on a sustainable basis and that creating a more sustainable future is the responsibility of us all.
It is with this in mind that this policy has been formulated.
Westcare Limited aims to:
1. Be an environmentally responsible neighbour in the community where we operate.
2. Encourage sustainable travel practices by staff & visitors.
3. Encourage and demonstrate sustainable approaches to the built environment in our construction, refurbishment and maintenance projects.
4. Minimise waste production and divert it from landfill through increasing re-use, recycling and recovery.
5. Prevent pollution and environmental damage from incidents and emergencies.
6. Consider sustainability in the procurement of goods and services.
7. Comply fully with all relevant legal requirements, codes of practice and regulations.
8. Promote and support environmentally responsible behavior throughout the company.
Westcare LTD recognises that day-to-day operations can impact both directly and indirectly on the environment. We aim to protect and improve the environment through good management and by adopting best practice wherever possible. Westcare LTD will work to integrate environmental considerations into our business decisions and adopt greener alternatives wherever possible, throughout our operations. We are committed to providing quality service in a manner that ensures a safe and healthy workplace for our employees and minimises our potential impact on the environment.